10, 04, 2017

Seeing Blue (and White)

Last fall I thrifted this dress…well it WAS a dress. With giant shoulder pads & a highly unflattering sleeves…but the FABRIC. Oh man, the blue & white just sung to me. So, for a measly $1.50 I bought the dress and stored it away in my closet because I didn’t want to pull out my sewing machine.

Well I still didn’t want to pull out my sewing machine but wanted to wear this pattern. I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut right above the elastic that cinched right into my muffin top…seriously this dress had very little going for it shape wise. I cut the top part off, whipped on the skirt and just folded the tiny excess of fabric along with a top into the skirt. It took me a total of 2 minutes to make an awful dress into a spring worthy skirt! HOORAY! And I still didn’t have to take out my sewing machine…it’s still collecting dust in my laundry room 😉

Shop some of my favorite blue & white looks from ASOS! Most are under $50! SCORE!!!

6 responses to “Seeing Blue (and White)”

1. Nancy says:

I have a simular skirt but never worn it with white! That is a great idea, I will wear my white blouse on it! Fabulous look and I just love the bag!

2. Abby says:

The white and blue combo is so chic and fresh. Love that skirt!

Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

3. ee0926 says:

Such a beautiful Spring look1 Love the white and blue.

xx, Elise

4. Virginia says:

This is a beautiful fabric! Glad you were able to wear it without any tough work!

Virginia
    More to Mrs. E

5. Ada says:

I am glad you redesigned an ugly dress into a lovely skirt. I love the pattern. That blouse is gorgeous too and the retro camel sandals are perfect with it. I cannot get enough of white and blue paired together lately. Even what I am currently wearing is white+blue.

Welcome by on Thursday Pamela and linkup with me. Share your gorgeous style with my readers. Thanks, Ada. =)

6. Jessica says:

That is thrifted? I wouldn’t have known! Good find!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com