So, I gotta tell ya…I love holistic methods & aim to keep a healthy and balanced life. So along with eating well (with a couple of donuts on the side), exercising (I like to do things like hiking to get active), getting acupuncture when needed, I also use essential oils in my household & life. I’m not a crazy oil lady who will tell you that essential oils will cure whatever ails you, because that’s silly. A balanced lifestyle is what we should aim for to keep healthy.
So when Real Oil heard that I like using essential oils in my life, they wanted to share their products with me. And honestly I didn’t know if I wanted to even go on with a post with Essential Oils since so many companies are really pushy about essential oils & they’ve seem to get a bad rep because of those companies. Real Oil believes in using essential oils in part of a balanced life style & once I heard that I was on board!
Lavender Oil is my absolute favorite of all the oils but don’t tell the other oils that. 😉 Real Oil sent me a variety of oils & ready to apply blends. Here are just a few of the ways I like to use Lavender Oil in my everyday life.
- A few drops into my mop water for a fresh scent
- Diffuse in a wax melt, I put a bit of coconut oil with 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil into a wax melt for a beautiful clean smell
- DIY home freshening spray – In a spray bottle mix together 12 drops lavender essential oil & 1 tablespoon of baking soda together, once they are mixed add to 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Shake before spraying.
- All Natural Cleaner – Fill a clean spray bottle with vinegar & add 5 drops of lavender oil. Shake before use
HEALTH & BEAUTY – Lavender essential oil is widely known in the beauty industry for the wonders it works on skin.
- A few drops into my bath water for relaxation
- Condition your hair with 4 tablespoons of Coconut oil mixed with 4 drops of lavender essential oil, leave in for 30-60 minutes before washing out for beautiful, conditioned hair (also helps with dandruff)
- DIY bath bombs infused with lavender essential oils
- Add a few drops into my daily moisturizer (that’s unscented)
- Burn yourself with the straightening iron? DON’T run cool water on it, just apply a few drops of Lavender essential oil for relief
BED TIME – Lavender essential oil is known for it’s calming properties so I include it in my night time routines by doing the following to help me get a more restful nights sleep, which isn’t an easy task for me.
- Apply a few drops of lavender essential oil with my nightly lotion for my legs/feet
- Diffuse in my Real Oil Diffuser to help me relax (this diffuser has a light that you can dim or turn off & timers!)
- Sleepy time spray – I make a mix of 10 drops lavender essential oil, 1 c distilled water & 2 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. Shake before spraying.
Lavender is my most loved & used essential oil but I’ve also loved Real Oil’s ready to apply roller balls. The Stress Away ready to apply roller ball is ALWAYS in my purse or with me, I tend to get very nervous when going to meet with new people & I feel like it helps calm me. I focus on breathing in the calming scents as I apply it to my temples.
Another ready to apply roller ball that’s been loved by the whole family is the Restful Sleep Ready-to-Apply Blend. And they want to include a free Restful Sleep Blend to my readers! Just add it to your cart and use PamDelFree at checkout! And right now they even have 50% off their orders with no code needed!
Oh & that’s not all! Real Oil is also giving away a huge set of essential oils away to one of my readers! The winner will receive: One of each Lavender, Peppermint, Sweet Orange, Immune Boost Ready-to-Apply Blend, Restful Sleep Ready-to-Apply Blend, Stress Away Ready-to-Apply Blend, Muscle Soothe Ready-to-Apply Blend & Nurturing Air Diffuser