Have you ever tried zoodles? You know those spiralized zucchini noodles? Or are you one of the many people who are like…well how am I supposed to eat zucchini noodles? Today I’m sharing some of the many ways I eat zoodles, they are a household favorite around here.
First let me give you a few zoodle making tips:
- Pick larger zucchinis for less waste
- Use a clear baking pan to catch your zoodles, they fit perfectly underneath
- Place napkins at the bottom of your pan if you are making zoodles ahead of time (cloth or paper)
- Zucchini has very little taste & will absorb the flavor of anything you put on it
- You can add shrimp or chicken to most of these for an easy full course.
- Yes my zoodle maker is a stained, I’ve used it a LOT for a variety of veggies (beets make a huge red mess by the way)
SHOP MY ZOODLE MUST HAVES
Now how to eat your raw zucchini noodles once you’ve spiralized them into a beautiful curly mess.
- Zucchini Pasta Pesto – Add tomatoes & pesto to your zoodles, it can be either homemade or get some from your deli area for an easy meal. Zucchini pasta pesto is great as a side or complete your zucchini noodles with shrimp or chicken for a main course.
- Cilantro Lime Zoodles – This is one of the easiest way to make a zucchini noodle side in a pinch, simply add chopped cilantro, lime juice & a dash of salt for a delicious zoodle side.
- Zoodles Spaghetti – Brown lean turkey/beef in a pan, add your favorite red pasta sauce (I’m sort of obssessed with RAO’s right now) & once it’s all heated thoroughly top your zoodles with your meat sauce for a guilt free spaghetti night.
- Raw Zucchini Salad – A fresh take on your salad, switch out your regular leafy greens with raw zucchini noodles to mix up that everyday lunch salad. Don’t forget to add in your favorite vinaigrette.
- Zoodle Stir Fry Swap – Swap out your stir fry noodles for raw zucchini noodles, I cook everything for my stir fry minus my zoodles & then simply plate my stir fry mix on top of my raw zoodles.
- Zoodle Antipasto – When your at the grocery store & you see the antipasto bar filled with mushrooms, sundried tomatos, capers & all those yummies…grab a container & fill it up with your favorites. Toss it well with your raw zucchini noodles for a side that looks a lot fancier than it is! Top with cheese (I used feta) & you’re everyone’s favorite person!
- Zoodles & Avocado – Another go to side during the summer for us is raw zoodles topped with avocado, lime & sliced tomatoes. It doesn’t get better than this fresh favorite.
- Zucchini Summer Salad – A mix of avocoado, fresh blueberries & sliced strawberries pilled on a crisp bed of raw zucchini noodles. Yep, it’s delicious. Add some poppy seed dressing & OH MY GOODNESS. SO GOOD!
Do you have a favorite way to eat raw zucchini noodles? Or which way are you excited to try out?