As we start the New Year, I’ve decided to share monthly reports on my progress of becoming a Poshmark reseller. This past summer I started selling on Poshmark, I’ve sold seriously on eBay for years but I wanted to venture onto a new platform. I’m cutting out eBay this year & putting all my reselling focus into other baskets (not just Poshmark, I’m also selling on TheRealReal & thredUP). I shared some of my top thrift flips a few months ago, since it was such a popular post that I thought I should go ahead and share monthly Poshmark reseller reports. If you’re more into my thrifted outfits, I have so many of those to share too!
My Reasons for Writing My Resell Income Reports
I love reselling & want to share the love of finding thrift store treasures and flipping it into an income. I hope to encourage others that a side hustle is always possible. I’ve been reselling as a new mom, working 40+ hour work weeks, through getting my blog to a point of an income & through really rough times.
How I Got Started with Flipping Thrift Store Items Online
Thrift stores were more of a necessity growing up & after having my son (almost 10 years ago) I started frequenting my local thrift stores again. And after finding some amazing items while riffling around my local goodwill stores, I thought “I wonder if I could make money selling these thrift store scores on eBay”…& that is where it all started.
My Resell Stats and Income Report for 2018
This area will be a little more detailed in the upcoming months with resell expenses for the months but since I was mainly reselling from eBay last year, the breakdown of expenses was a bit harder to narrow down for the year.
I sold 158 items in 2018 for a total of $3,414.78 after shipping & Poshmark fees with an average sale amount $21.61.
Goals for January 2019:
- List $500 worth goods/week
- Share my closet daily
A goal of mine as a Poshmark reseller was to become a Posh Ambassador in 2018, which I did! It has helped tremendously in growing a following on Poshmark which helps get my items shared more often.
5 Tips to Get Started on Poshmark:
- Well, first you’ve got to sign up for Poshmark. If you haven’t already, you can use my code “PAMDELANGEL” for a $5 code.
- As a Poshmark reseller you should take your pictures in square mode…I made this mistake and some of my images are cut off because I shot in vertical originally
- Describe, describe, describe. Be as descriptive as possible in your listings.
Are there any flaws? Make sure you describe them.
- Share, share, SHARE! Share your listings & other people’s listings. I find when I share other’s listings that they will return the favor.
- Start by cleaning out your closet (or your kids closet or your hubbys) to get your feet wet on the reselling side of the app.