With Back to school time on the horizon I wanted to share of my favorite back to school must haves that make life easier for everyone!
- Iron Knee Jeans & Chinos – For some reason kid’s jeans get an absurd amount of abuse, so these jeans/chinos are the perfect way to keep your kids nice jeans free of ripped knees. I learned this lesson after a school year of ripped jeans & ending up with no “nice” jeans to wear when appropriate. Micah is wearing the Iron Knee Slim Fit jeans in Dark Denim.
- Land’s End Backpack & Lunch box – Land’s End is KNOWN for the amazing quality of their backpacks, in fact they have a unlimited guarantee where you can return or exchange it ANY time if you aren’t for some reason happy. I don’t know about you, but having to buy a backpack once & that’s it sounds pretty amazing. Imagine how much waste you are keeping out of landfills over the course of your child’s schooling if you grab a neutral backpack now and stick with it until they don’t need it anymore. And don’t forget the lunchbox to match! Here is the link to our back pack & lunch box.
- Bento Type Leak Proof Lunch Containers – The year before kindergarten I bought two Goodbyn Bento boxes & guess what? We are still using those two containers (Micah is going to third grade), they are well made containers that keep food separate. We’ve all had that one leaky food slide all over our food and well it’s just not fun, we love these containers for containing each type of food & keeping them dry..I mean nobody wants their watermelon leaking all over the peanut butter sandwich. These are our absolute favorite containers because they have handles built in also. BPA free, microwave & dishwasher safe. (our exact containers & an alternative on Amazon)
- Name Labels – These labels from Minted are a MUST HAVE for any parent, even from birth they are a must have. I didn’t know how often I’d need/use them but they are always coming in handy. I’ve used them to label back packs, lunch boxes, water bottles, sweaters/jackets, towels, baby bottles, every single thing for camp & pretty much anything I don’t want lost forever. I get these in both kid’s names along with tags with just our last name & phone number for things that might be used by several family members (flash lights, water bottles, camping/hiking gear). They have made it through the dishwasher & through the wash more times than I can count. Here’s the Name/Clothing Labels from Minted I’m ordering.
- Ticonderoga Pencils – These are legit the best pencils, I am not kidding. Anything else does not come into my house, these have erasers that ACTUALLY erase clean & don’t leave globs of pink on your paper or smear it around. Y’all know what pencils I’m giving side eye to…I’ve converted too many people to these pencils. So just try them & be done with it. (You can buy them on amazon from a 12 pack to 96 pack!)