In celebration of me getting to be apart of the upcoming #GirlsNightOut with MsIndependent, that will support survivors of the devastating floods caused by Hurricane Harvey. I felt like I should share one of my favorite easy desserts that I love making for holidays & events! They give the same wow as cake pops but are SO much easier & requiring NO baking! HOORAY!
So my decor was a bit of a fail & I’ll share what I did and why I DO NOT advise it. I think I’ll stick with vanilla baking bar or already colored candy melts and not try to get this crafty.
So with vanilla baking bar, I always seem to forget that any liquid will cause it to clump like ASAP. So when I added color to try to marbleize these guys…well it clumped. And then I tried to use my gel dyes as watercolors, pretty effect but they never set & as soon as you pick it up..stained hands. I’m glad I tried the techniques out now instead of before a party! Live & learn…they still taste AMAZING!
Onto this Easy & Quick Oreo Truffle Recipe:
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies (1 package), finely processed (do NOT buy the double stuffed or mega stuff)
- 1 pkg Vanilla Baking bar
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted melted vanilla baking bar (use instructions on package); place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet
- Decorate with sprinkles if you’re feeling fun 😉
- Refrigerate until firm. Store in refrigerator until time to use.