The Dollar General & Nestle have got me to spill a dark fall secret of mine. You see my friends, I have a secret. I secret that saddens me every time fall rolls around.. I don’t like pumpkin anything. I see those cans of Libby’s Pumpkin lined up & sigh thinking I might be missing out. But I’ve been on a mission to figure this out & I think I’ve cracked the case!
You see I don’t think it’s the pumpkin, but maybe the spices that are usually used along with pumpkin. Nutmeg, cloves and star anise are spices that will usually make me cringe my nose. I’m not a picky eater, but those spices are just something I can’t handle!
I created a holiday recipe with Nestle & Dollar General from a mix of recipes I already loved, to come up with a pumpkin bread that I could love. I headed to Dollar General with my list & DG Digital Coupon ready to conquer my pumpkin shame! I hoped to pick up some more things for my holiday recipes at Dollar General & they didn’t disappoint! Just wait & see!
I’ll be enjoying this deliciously moist & perfectly sweet Carmel Mocha Pumpkin Bread for a little morning treat with my coffee. Oh and I found these awesome Nescafe Taster’s Choice packs, these are must haves this holiday if you aren’t a coffee drinker but might have coffee drinkers over! I’ve stuck a few into my purse for those houses that never have coffee during the holidays.
Hope y’all enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you try it out.
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 15 oz can Libby’s Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Cafe Mocha Coffee-Mate
- 1 cup bite sized caramels
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower position and preheat to 350F. Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together until combined. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and sugars together until combined. Whisk in the Libby’s Pumpkin, oil, and Coffee-Mate. Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix together. A few lumps is totally normal, don’t over mix. Fold in the caramels.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes. If the top gets brown too quick, cover loosely with foil. Check by inserting a toothpick in the middle, when it comes out clean, you’re golden.
- Let bread cool down completely before slicing. And enjoy!