I am neck deep in delicious spaghetti squash recipes, I can’t help it but I get obsessed with a vegetable once my kids give me the thumbs up on it. Last summer I went crazy with zucchini noodles & my kids have been so hooked on them that they request zoodles often! So here I am, cramming them full of spaghetti squash.
So I’ve been sneaking spaghetti squash into every dang recipe, making the ole’ spaghetti squash switch when it comes to pasta & seeing how far I can go with shoving baked spaghetti squash at my kids in different forms. Sooo here we are with the mushroom & spinach baked spaghetti squash that I can’t get enough of. I just love sharing recipes from my families table to yours that are easy & delicious!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of Italian Style 4-Cheese Shredded Blend
- 1/2 c of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Grab your spaghetti squash firmly & cut in half length-wise and scoop out the innards and seeds. Cut a sliver off the backside to keep it stable on the baking sheet.
- In a measuring cup take 1/2 c water & bouillon cube microwave for 30 seconds until dissolved. Combine minced garlic, parsley, mushrooms and heavy cream with the water/bouillon. Mix well.
- Sprinkle a first layer of cheese in the cavities of each squash halves. Top with spinach leaves. Divide the cream mixture into each half, top with additional cheese.
- Roast in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the flesh of the spaghetti squash is very tender when poked with a fork. Pour liquids & scrape insides into a bowl, mix well.
This has been a great meal to pair with a rotisserie chicken picked up on the way from work, shove the squash in the oven & get other things done while it cooks away. If you’re looking for more recipes head on over here for more easy recipes that your family will love.