Hanging a rug as wall art is an excellent way to cover a large area of wall in your home with a new texture, I love that instead of another hard surface on the wall like framed art it can add some softness to the walls & sometimes in a less expensive way if you aren’t hanging anything precious. I recently found this rug for $5 & knew I had the perfect place for it…and you can probably already tell it wasn’t going on the ground! I put a plan together to hang this rug as wall art & it worked out so perfectly that I had to share it with y’all!
Materials Needed to create Hanging Rug Wall Art:
- A flat-woven cotton rug (here are some inexpensive options on Amazon, Oh & this is the one my eyeing for my next hanging rug)
- 1 x 2 board white furring strip (you can have it cut or cut it in some stores yourself)
- Staple gun with staples
- Sawtoothed picture hanger
How to create Hanging Rug Wall Art:
- Give your rug a quick ironing if it has an unnecessary amount of wrinkles (seriously this step made ALL the difference, check out that before after)
- Cut your board down to the width of the rug (depending on which way you’re hanging it)
- Cover the front & top of your board with the rug (see image below)
- Staple into place
- Tap the sawtoothed picture hanger into place in the back of the middle of your board & hang!
PIN FOR LATER!