Supplies for Simple Wood Christmas Tree
- 1 x 3s
- miter saw
- nail gun and nails
- stain or paint
How to Make a Simple Wood Christmas Tree
- Cut two pieces of wood with 50° angles
- Line up the top of the “tree” so that one 50° angle butts up against the other
- Cut 20° angle in another piece of 1 x 3 for the bottom of the triangle. Determine how large you want your tree, make a 20 degree cut on the other side of this piece.
- Put the bottom of the triangle in place and then trim off the sides of the tree with 20° cuts.
- Create a base that is approx 1/3rd of the triangle bottom length, for a larger tree you can create a trunk too. See my two examples.
- With a brad nail gun, secure the tree together.
- Stain or paint the wood as desired.
I decided to use some stain, leftover paint & cane to decorate my trees. I used my staple gun to attach the cane to the back of the trees.