While pursing my stories on Instagram, I stumbled upon my favorite van life couple making a new to me recipe! And I scour magazines, pinterest & cook books like a mad woman. I LOVE food, I love eating & I love trying new things! So let me tell you about this quick & easy recipe that will satisfy those hungry tummies!
This recipe is a mix between french toast, crepes & some sort of tortilla goodness! Both kids & my husband (along with me) fell in love with this easy & tasty recipe! It looks much more impressive than this easy tortilla lovers recipe lets on.
- 3 eggs
- 12 corn tortillas (we used white corn)
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon (pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg might be interesting)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon & vanilla extract until thourougly mixed together.
- Heat a non-stick pan (or any old pan with a pat of butter)
- Dip your tortilla in the mixture *
- Plop the tortilla onto your pan & cook on both sides. It took roughly 30 seconds per side.
- Repeat 3&4 until tortillas are done.
- Fill & top with your favorites. **
* The longer you let your tortilla sit in the mixture, the softer it will stay when cooking. A quick dip keeps the tortilla texture. It’s all up to you friend.
** Some filling/topping suggestions for the tortillas:
- Nutella & bananas
- Cool-whip & berries
- Fruit preserve & powdered sugar
- Whatever your heart desires 😉
If you try this tortilla deliciousness, please let me know! HECK! Send me a picture!!