I can’t help myself, whenever I come up with a combination to jalapeno popper pretty much anything..I go for it. Even if it means my family ends up with jalapeno popper mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving instead of traditional mashed potatoes. So when I was dreaming up how to bring cranberries to life this holiday season, I couldn’t help but wonder how I could mash them together with jalapeno poppers…well this dip is the most amazing way I could think of! A mix of tart, sweet, spicy & creamy, it’s one for the recipe book guys!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Crackers, for serving
- Pulse the cranberries in a food processor until chopped.
- Add the green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Pulse mixture until ingredients are combined to a puree.
- Transfer the mixture to a covered dish to refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight).
- When time to serve, spread the cream cheese in an even layer on a serving plate. Spread the cranberry-jalapeno mixture evenly over the top of the cream cheese. Top with bacon crumbles.
- Serve with crackers & ENJOY!