Is there anything better than a the combination of pineapple & coconut for the summer? OREO was spot on when they created these yummy little cookies for summer but I couldn’t leave well enough alone…I had to get my hands dirty in the kitchen and make cake balls that are sure to WOW at any summer party (or a night of netflix). The best dessert recipes for summer are those you don’t have to turn the oven on for, am I right? 😉
You may have seen my other OREO recipes (like the PB Crunch balls or Southern Cinnamon Roll OREO balls) & they are always so loved that…well I decided to share another OREO ball creation. This time I couldn’t help myself when I saw the Piña Colada thin OREO cookies!!! These easy no bake OREO balls were another instant hit in my house, I don’t even want to tell you how quick they were devoured.
- 8 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg of Piña Colada Thin OREOs, finely processed
- 1/2 c chopped macadamias (chop these finer than they come)
- 1/2 c + 2 tbsp toasted Coconut flakes
- 1 pkg Vanilla Coating
- Mix cream cheese, cookie crumbs, 1/2 c toasted coconut flakes & 1/2 c chopped macadamias together until well blended.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, let set in refrigerator until firm.
- Melt vanilla coating (use instructions on package) & dip balls into melted vanilla; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet (if they have little blobs, like mine do..it’s totally fine they pop off as soon as you cool them for prettier finished OREO balls). Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- Refrigerate until firm. Store in refrigerator until time to use.
Enjoy! And feel free to pin the image below for later or share on facebook if you think your friends would like it!